Gamma Spectrometry PMT Photomultiplier Driver with High Voltage and Pulse Amplifier for Theremino or MCA ADC
The module is an adjustable driver for a photomultiplier tube. It has positive polarity high voltage 600V-1000V and pulse amplifier with potentiometers to set gain ratio and pulse decay time constant.
The output of the module is compatible with our MCA ver.1 RH-M-MCA-18 ADC input or with audio card input for Theremino / PRA / Becqmoni MCA. High voltage is regulated and filtered. You can connect a scintillation probe with a high impedance divider of 50Meg-120Meg to this circuit.
- Compatible with low voltage photomultiplier tubes: R6095, XP3312, R1307, R6233, XP3112 or similar
- Adjustable regulated and filtered High Voltage for PMT, positive polarity 600V-1000V
- Adjustable gain ratio and pulse decay time contstant for Gamma Spectroscopy
- Compatible with MCA ver.1 module RH-M-MCA-18
- Compatible with Theremino or PRA MCA for audio card line-in
- Output pulse amplitude 50mV-3300mV on IPX-SMA cable
- High voltage wire for soldering with BNC jack
- Require only 5V DC input to work
- Recommended photomultiplier divider: 50Meg-120Meg
- Low power comsumptions to fit portable devices
- Shipping Weight: 180gr
- SKU: RH-M-PMT-HV-AMP
The module is fully compatible with MCA ver.1 module or with any ADC that can accept signals up to 3300mV. Input voltage for powering the module is 5V DC. Output high voltage is regulated and filtered to fit photomultiplier requirements. You can use low voltage tubes like R6095, XP3312, R1307, R6233, XP3112 or similar.
Depending on the MCA input specifications, you may need to adjust the total gain and pulse decay tau. It can be made with an oscilloscope. High voltage output wire need to be soldered to a BNC jack. You can use the attached R6095 divider example for wiring your tube, just use the correct divider ratio from the tube's datasheet with 1R=10Meg.